Daily Summary of CoMP Data for January 27, 2017
- CORONAL CAVITY (NW limb) observed by KCor:
- CORONAL CAVITY (W and SW limb) observed by KCor: two faint coronal cavities
- PROMINENCE ERUPTION/POSSIBLE CORONAL MASS EJECTION (NE limb) observed by KCor at 1928 - 0216 UT: slow, faint cavity/prominence eruption, no clear CME, hard to follow towards the end of the observing day because of degrading seeing, corresponds to a small prominence eruption seen in SDO
- POSSIBLE CORONAL MASS EJECTION (NE limb) observed by CoMP at 1928 - 0216 UT: faint outward motion noticeable in Fe XIII 1074.7nm intensity
- PROMINENCE ERUPTION (NE limb) observed by at 1909 - 2037 UT: CoMP
Playing the movies below within the browser requires a plugin that plays mp4 video. If your browser does not support one, download the file using the 'download' link and play the movie with a suitable player.
End 02:17:33 UT
Daily Dynamics Archive: Contains all processed level 2 FITS files for the observing day.
In each FITS file there are binary extensions of Peak Intensity, (Edge Enhanced) Peak Intensity, Corrected Line-of-Sight Doppler Velocity, Line Width
Daily Polarization Archive: Contains all processed level 2 FITS files for the observing day.
In each FITS file there are binary extensions of Peak Intensity, (Edge Enhanced) Peak Intensity, Line-Integrated Stokes Q, Line-Integrated Stokes U, Total Linear Polarization Ltot (Ltot= sqrt(Q2 + U2))
Quick Invert FITS contains the results of a simple calculation of linear polarization in the plane-of-sky and magnetic field azimuth (measured positive counter-clockwise from the horizontal). Contains five images: I, Stokes Q and U, linear polarization and azimuth.